Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I need to ship a maytag neptune washer (MAH5500). I dont

I need to ship a maytag neptune washer (MAH5500). I don't have the shipping bolts. Do you know the size, length, and pitch of threads I need? Can I buy them at SEARS? Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

I'm looking right now and trying to get to your information, just hang in there and I'll be back shortly, thanks, Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well I can see why a lot of techs have looked at your question but have not responded, you cannot buy the shipping bolts for this, in fact they don't even give us the size which are all different in different machines, you can however pack the drum with Styrofoam to keep it from moving too much in shipping, they do sell a universal shipping kit that can be used to doing this but basically it's got a be the same as if you put Styrofoam or cardboard around the drum to keep it from moving in shipping, and most cases you can move these machines without shipping bolts as long as you're careful and don't drop better bang around too much, the shipping bolts essentially keep the drum from banging around during shipping so all you really need to do is to pack the drum so it doesn't move, you can even use things like blankets to put around the tub, I am going to include a link to a video on the universal shipping kits, once you see how they do it you can do the same thing without buying the kit, click this blue link it will go to the videos, you could see all they really use is some cardboard and they use airbag type system but you don't need to be that specific when doing this you just need to keep the drum from banging around, what you will need to do is remove the back access panel of the washer and put either cardboard up along the sides of the drum or you can use blankets like I said to keep this from moving, also put some to keep it from moving back and forth front to back , if you're gentle with this and you're going to be moving this yourself it's not a big deal to move it without shipping bolts, but like I said if you put in some heavy blankets down the bottom keep the tub from going up and down too much and side to side this will be fine, we move a lot of these washers without shipping bolts, my cassette unfortunately they are unavailable, but I hope this information at least helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan