Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag mdb5100awb. It is not cleaning the dishes

I have a Maytag mdb5100awb. It is not cleaning the dishes properly. All of the soap is not emptying from the soap dispenser. I am not sure how old this machine is. I think less than 10 years
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you tell me how much water is in the bottom of this after this fills? does it reach the heater? how much water in inches?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I really don't know, although when I have opened it while it was cleaning, it appears that the water level is the same and the water is hot enough.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Can you start the dishwasher and let it fill then open the door and check for me, just take a ruler and see how deep in inches it is, it's really important to know how much water this is getting, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there is about 2" of water in machine. heating coils are covered with water
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok, do you hear the water sloshing around inside while its running? does it sound like its strong water spraying?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Water is hitting top of machine, I can't really tell if its strong water spraying.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok when you say all the soap isnt comming out of the dispenser is it running down the door inside? Is the soap dispenser opening all the way?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no, its not running down the door and yes the dispenser is opening all the way
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay it sounds like your wash impeller may be worn or something is down in the pump assembly stopping the full pressure of the water through the spray arms, you should start by taking the bottom spray arm off and then the filters and clean it really good, here is a diagram of the pump assembly, you need to check number 6 on this and make sure it's really clean, clean out any crap down the pump assembly also,the wash impeller is number 14 on the diagram, here is a video if you click this blue link on how to get this apart, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Wash-Impeller/752301 see if you can find any obstructions down the pump assembly, clean and put it back together and try it again, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have taken the dishwasher apart and cleaned the filter and all the parts. It was very dirty. I did not get a new repeller. My neighbor helped me to get the dishwasher apart as I need some special tools that I did not have. He also helped me to put it back together except for the last part of the dishwasher mechanism which will not set properly so I am unable to try it to see if the problem is solved. That is why I haven't accepted the answer button so you could get paid. Should I take it all apart again and try to reassemble?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
can you tell me which part you cant get back on correctly?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.