Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Bosch dryer is malfunctioning with an error code F 09. ANy

My Bosch dryer is malfunctioning with an error code F:09. ANy idea what could be wrong?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

your high limit thermostat has tripped, can yopu get me the model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello -- thanks for the quick response. The model # XXXXX XXXXX 86300US; the type is

WD T40.

Okay great, it's called thermal limiter, it's located on the side of the heater in the back of the dryer part number 0208 on this diagram, it will look similar to this one if not exactly like this one, you have to reset this by pressing the little red button on the top of thermostat, you may need to take the back panel off to get to it but it should be in the bottom right corner looking from the back thanks and well wishes, Bryan