Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I cannot get my KitchenAid dishwasher to start. The blue light

I cannot get my KitchenAid dishwasher to start. The blue light flashes on Start/Resume. When I press the resume light and shut the dishwasher door, nothing happens. I have checked all the fuses in the utility room and none have been tripped. I have also pressed the button heat/dry and held for 4 seconds and still nothing happens. Can you please help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

Does the light flash 7 times then pause then flash 7 times then pause and so on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, the start/resume light continuously flashes.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok this is a error code that is telling you one of the buttons on the touch pad has shorted. To fix this try hitting the buttons in order to unstick the effected button. You can also try shutting the power off for 30 seconds. If this fails to work the control panel will need to be replaced since the touch pad is not available separately.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I tried pressing the buttons and I also tried turning off the power for 30 seconds and the dishwasher still does not work. Who do I contact to repair the touch pad?

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What town and state are you located in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dalton, GA
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Click HERE for a list of repair company's in your local area. If you decide to replace the panel yourself you can get the part from