Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Bosch Dishwasher Millenium Series Model SHU9906UC Dishwasher

Bosch Dishwasher Millenium Series Model SHU9906UC
Dishwasher will not stop. Tried it on all 4 cycle settings, same result it will not stop running.

Also it is not fully draining, leaves about an inch or so of water in the dishwasher.

I have checke the filter in the dishwasher it is clean and unobstructed.

The dishwasher is connected via a "T" joint. I have not looked into that connection at this point.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately this is a very common issue and it means that your control board inside the door has failed. There is a relay on the board that shorts out. This relay sends power to the heater, so when it fails the dishwasher doesn't wash well and it will run forever trying to heat the water which will never happen. Below is a link to the control board in the upper right hand corner of the door you'll need to replace in order to fix the problem. The part costs about $150 + shipping.

To access the control board, just open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the door except the 2 down by the bottom of the door hinge, just loosen those two. Once you have those out, remove the 2 coming in from the sides of the control panel (left and right). The control panel will then pull off and you can access the control board inside. Remove the control panel and there are 3 tabs on the bottom of the control board you need to depress. Push on the tabs and remove the control board, then switch over connections one at a time and you should be good to go again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You mentioned there might be a heat problem however there is plenty of heat when i opened the dishwasher to stop it. It is steaming hot. Would this affect your answer any?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
not really, only because if the dishwasher is definitely heating, the control board should be advancing and if it's not, that would also be an issue with the control board.