MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

i have a miele dishwasher model incognito that lately has been

Customer Question

i have a miele dishwasher model incognito that lately has been coating everything with what appears to be a thin film of soap and the glasses appear to be "etched". Now in the past week the inside walls of the dishwasher also appear coated. Is there a way to remove this on the inside of the appliance? On the etched glasses?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 5 years ago.

MASTER-TECH :

What type of detergent are you using?

Customer:

Cascade Advanced Power

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
don't know if you saw my next question. is this detergent a problem? is there a miele product I should purchase to clean up my dishwasher?
Cascade has become a bad choice since they removed the phosphates from the detergent and will give you the results that you are getting. The best choice are "FINISH TABLETS" complete or quantum. Also make sure you are using rinse aid. The build up you have now can be taken care of by a cleaner. Finish also makes one of these or you can use "Dishwasher Magic". The dishwasher magic will likely be at your local appliance parts store. Call first. I have not tested it my self but I hear it does well. Also make sure if you unit has a water softener in it that it has salt. The Finish products can be found at your super market. After switching detergents give it a week and post me back with the results. Thank you....

Just a link to a NPR story about phosphates. You may also google more info.

News link click here

Thank you again have a good evening....