MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

Dacor down draft that when I push the up and down button it

Customer Question

Dacor down draft that when I push the up and down button it will rise and then go right back down. I can stop it by pushing the button again to stop it but that not how it should work. The fan does work. What could be the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.

MASTER-TECH :

Are you able to remove the large square cover in the center of it or is the blower assembly in the front?

Customer:

Blowers in front of it.

Customer:

Once the I move the blow motor, what do I need to be looking at?

MASTER-TECH :

Unplug the unit or disconnect power and make sure the two micro switch are good. Most of the time the one with the three wires will go bad and cause it to move past its stop point.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX look at that. If they are good what next?

MASTER-TECH :

It is unlikely that the up/down button is sticking or it would not stop going up and down. So I would check the alignment of the switch came on the gear box. You may have to remove the motor/gear box assembly for this.

MASTER-TECH :

Sorry that was switch cam.

Thank you. Let me know what you find. If it is one of the switches you should be able to get a replacement at your local parts store. Photograph the wiring (helps in reassembly) and take it. They should be able to match it up by the info on the side of the switch to a generic microwave switch. If you find some thing else please look me up directly. Have a good evening...