william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

My Kitchen Aid Kess model stove works only for a few seconds

I have a stove model Kess 907 sss 02 series #  xw5006023. The problem is that every time I start the oven, it only works for a few seconds and stops with an error. On the screen it shows drawer and sensor. I need help.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

What is the fault code?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Was waiting to see it gives us the error message right now. But when I checked just now, it gave me "Status L/D Mod ID 0101" "AM18 U126 EEKEO 220"
It usually gives us an error code that has to do with the warm drawer sensor. We would turn on to preheat the oven and then minutes after, it would say warm drawer and give us an error. But we looking to see if it will give us the error message now.

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
Ok tell me when you get this code? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

This is a easy one here. Your oven sensor is that steel rod looking pencil shape. The oven cavity it will be either on the left or right hand corner near the top. Do you need help in finding one online?

F3 - E2Oven too hotReplace oven temperature sensor

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, I need assistance in finding one online. An estimate on a cost would be well appreciated.

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. Here it is, just click on the link below. Its really easy to change. Just unplug the stove or switch off at breaker then take the screw out that is holding this in and pull out until you see the plastic molex connector then just unclip and clip in the new one. Now if you are having problems pulling that out then you will have to do it from the back meaning pulling the stove out and taking off the back panel. If you still need help when you get the part then get back with me okay? Good luck.