Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a food waste disposer, bought 9 yrs ago. It has a 2-piece

We have a food waste disposer, bought 9 yrs ago. It has a 2-piece stopper. It is model # XXXXX
The problem is: IT WILL NOT STOP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

This is a common problem, you need to replace the batch feed switch assembly, the problem is it showing no longer available and if you could find it would run around hundred and $116.00 I can give you the part number if you would like to search for one, it is part number, 08300089 most people replace the disposal rather than spend that much on a part for a machine that is nine years old, there will be other issues with this in the future the only other thing you can try is to remove the switch which basically is on the side top of the machine underneath up there where the sink bottom is and get some HQ contact cleaner from Lowe's spray it really really good until it clicks in and out like it's supposed to and try that,these can get gummed up and stick, otherwise I would recommend replacing this unit at this at this point, I wish I had better news, there is one more option the the would need to be done by electrician which would cost just as much is have them put a switch in line under the sink so you can run this with a switch rather than the batch the feed. But how long that would last I'm not sure, those were about your only choices, thanks and well wishes, Bryan