Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

model #665-15725691 kenmore ultra wash dishwasher. Had a float

model #665-15725691 kenmore ultra wash dishwasher. Had a float switch issue recently, and I was walked thru the repair of that, on this site, now the water has drained and i have run 2 test cycles to make sure the standing water drained and did not fill up and then overflow again, which it didn't. but i then saw a new issue before putting the lower panel/kickplate back on...the sprayer arms are now not spraying ANY water out... none. I never turned off the water supply while doing the float switch (i haven idea how to even DO clue.)
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Does the unit fill with water when you start it?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I knew you were gonna ask that... now that i think about it, no, it doesn't fill with water when started. the 2nd test run i did i put a soap pack in there.... and its sitting on the floor of the tub just the same. i turned it on just now to make sure but im almost positive it doesn't fill. so maybe i didn't really fix anything without float switch? i was just elated that the water drained...
That is your problem, without water it cannot wash, you have done something with the float switch that it is not making connection to the water valve, it thinks it is already filled and not allowing any more water in. the float should move up and down easily and contact the switch, also make sure the wires are still connected to the switch.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
U say move up and down easily and ur talking about the white thing that is actually inside the dishwasher tub and not something that is under the tub, where all the open wires are, correct?
Like this in the tub,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok yea that moves up and down fine but is that a silver tip on there? cuz i cant really see it, but....mine doesn't have silver on the tip! also, when i changed the actual part under the tub, it was only held on by two clip like things, so i took off the old and put the new one on the same way.... am i maybe missing something that was also needing to be connected to the new switch that im maybe not seeing? 3 clips? or is two correct...?
The silver part only keeps it from pulling out completely, there should only be 2 wires connected to the switch, when you lift and lower the float you should hear a small click activating the switch.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mine comes out all the way and there is no click sound at all...... oh no.... and the part I replaced under the tub, is it supposed to just hang out down there, relaxing, or is it really supposed to be up and firmly attached to something else down there? Cuz mine is just hanging out, I thought that's how I saw it when I first got access down there.... maybe I'm wrong and wasn't paying close attention...?
No it should snap into a bracket the switch, the plunger has to hit the switch to open the valve..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oh wow.... ok hold please.
I am here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do u know of Any pics of how it should look or where exactly its gotta go where it clips, what faces which direction, where this flat silver piece of metal should be positioned at?? This all is foreign to me, have mo idea what goes where, what is supposed to be being "hit" from up above to activate it..... I know nothing......
It should be on page 23 of this manual,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the link isn't working....? Goes to but not to the actual page, its a "page cannot be found" thing...
Try this one

Click Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
vie looked at page 23, and i think i can figure it out, after i wake up later on today..... its551am where im at and i haven't been to sleep still. is there a way i can accept the answer and pay you but ill still be able to get a hold of u later on today if i still have questions while im working on it?
Yes you can accept and still come back to this question for more help, just save this page and it will open to me...

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can u send me the link again for that page 23 thing? i don't know why but now the link is expired
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it really would be a huge waste of everything at this point if i jus called a repair man to come put this switch thing back where it is supposed to be, yea? im almost gonna give up here. since i cant get the cover thing off the float switch "house" thing, so its basically impossible for me to put the thing back where it should be, so i can WASH MY DISHES....FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE. im sorry, im about to cry here. im so defeated by this and i regret trying to be all DIY for the first time in my life.... cuz im so defeated. it would probe cost a lot f money for me to hire a repair man to do a 1 minute job...... yea?
Calling someone to do this repair will cost about $125 and will take them 5 minutes to do it. I think you if try again you can do it. The cover for the switch will open and the switch can be reinserted and the cover replaced, don't give up now, you are so close...