Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The water dispenser in the door of my GE doesnt work anymore

The water dispenser in the door of my GE doesn't work anymore but the ice maker still works. Model gsl25kgrbbs

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Does the light light up when you press the button? I you just not getting water but Ice still comes out of the door?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It has six buttons on the panel, one for each function, water, ice, crushed, lock, etc. The light on the dispenser is on when you push it but nothing happens. Ice does still come out.
Okay so the light on the dispenser does light up okay good, can you pull a refrigerator away from the wall? You will need to people to do the next step, I need you to put your hand on the valve in the back with the water line from the house connects and have somebody press the water we need to see if it vibrates or buzzes, when the button is pushed for water is someone else there the can help you with that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nobody to help right now but I can say that you can hear something kick in on the back of the fridge when you push the dispenser. Also this has been a problem for about a year now and we have moved into a new house and it is the same problem.
So you brought this with you from another house? In it never worked since you plug it back into the new house correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It worked one time for about a day when we moved in.
Okay you need to replace your fill valve, this is a dual valve and the side that runs the water to the door is probably bad, what can the noise to do hear in the back? Was it a clicking noise?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It kind of clicks when you push it and you can hear it humming, I have replaced the filter and tried to find a kink but no luck.

Okay well the click is from the main control board and if it's humming it sounds like it's getting power so yes I think the valve is bad, it's trying to open but can't you really would need to test it with a voltmeter to be sure it's getting steady power to the valve while the buttons pushed, chances I however sounds like the valve is gone, you can order the valve at this blue link below, thanks and well wishes, Bryan