Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My dryer stopped working half way through a cycle. I changed

My dryer stopped working half way through a cycle. I changed the timer but it still will not start. Can you give me any advise as to what it might be? It is a Maytag Preforma and it is about six years old. Model # XXXXX

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Your thermal fuse is blown in this, this comes in a set there are three thermostats you used two out of the set,

since this is an electric dryer you will use the pink dotted one and the blue one, these are very difficult to replace however, the one with the pink.is located on the side of the heater assembly behind the drum and is difficult to remove, I can send you diagrams to show you where it is, you will need to pop the top of the dryer up to get to it, always unplug the dryer before starting any work, there are two clips holding that top-down about 3 inches in from each side you need to push them in the they putty knife and lift the top, once the top is up lay it back against the wall. Look straight back behind the drum and you will see the heater assembly, the pink dotted thermostat is on the side of that heater assembly very hard to see its down little bit, it's part number five on this diagram, this comes with instructions and you can order this at the blue link below.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse-and-High-Limit-Thermostat/3344?modelNumber=PYET244AYW thanks and well wishes, Bryan