Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a side by side built in sub zero. Previous owner left

I have a side by side built in sub zero. Previous owner left no manual.
Freezer side has gone dark, is leaking water on the floor. Food is cold but not completely frozen. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Has the freezer stopped working? Altogether, no fans no nothing? Are the lights and everything off inside it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Lights are off. Difficult to tell about fans as the refrigertator side is still working and that makes noise.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

This is a hugely difficult refrigerator to work on, there are very few diagrams to go by so it's very difficult to tell you what to look for in this, in fact looking at this the diagrams looks like you have the bottom freezer is that correct? Or is this a side-by-side because of diagrams so they so difficult to determine that

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry.It is a side by side. I don't know the history of this appliance. Just want to know what to check before I call a repair service.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Well is really hard to tell on this model are not showing a lot of parts accept the the master switch and a few other electrical parts subzero does really get a lot info on these, the switches and I believe there are two of them in this model are up in the top behind the grill , this is what they look like, check and make sure that both switches are on if it has two, it sounds like the whole side and shut off other than that you will need to call a technician unfortunately, these are complicated machines and you don't want to start ripping it apart believe me, hope this helps thanks, Bryan