Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How to reset a Whirlpool washer? Where is the reset button?

machine?

Category: Appliance
replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Unfortunately there is no reset button on this, is the control locked? Are you able to select the cycles?

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

I can select cycles

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago.

Okay so when you press the button does this just beep and not start?

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

No beep (or clicking sound) when I push button. I push it and nothing happens.

Okay when you open the door you can see the door latch assembly on the washer itself not on the door. The part the door latch from the door goes into is black. This is it, of course you will see the whole thing. You will just see some black parts sticking through the body. At the top there is a small pin sticking out. This is a switch, is it still there and not broken off? It's just a little button, you can actually see it in this picture on the left side it is sticking down of course in the picture but it will be on the top in the machine, to very small button right below the two wire connectors you see in the picture Switch on a Whirlpool washing machine

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

I see it. Now what?

Okay so it's not broken off that you see little button sticking out? You can push in and out the little button?

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

Yes

Okay have you tried unplugging this for 5 minutes and plug it back in to see if it resets?

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

Did this. No luck.

Okay this means your CCU is bad.CCU on a Whirlpool washing machineThis is not a cheap part. It's $225.00 but it will need to be replaced, you can order it at this blue link.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Central-Control-Unit-/940913?modelNumber=GHW9200LQ0

and am including a link with a video on how to replace it. This is a video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XhyMOz7qxE

Thanks and best wishes

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

What?

You need to replace the central control unit also known as the CCU. If you click the links above it will show you this install so you can do-it-yourself. The central control unit has failed and is not something you can just fix with the push of a button, it needs to be replaced.