Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

A type111-05 whirpool washer that stops spinning, unplug from

A type111-05 whirpool washer that stops spinning, unplug from power let it rest, it starts spinning, makes humming noise and stops
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

This should be a tag with the full model number on this can you find that for me? Is this a top load. Or Front load?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's top load, and here's the info you need:
SER CY12407229
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay great got the parts up, does the drain completely,? All the water comes out correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nope, it doesn't drain at all, we manually drained it<br />i need an answer or i will go ahead and make onsite visit appt
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
sounds like the lid switch has failed. this is common on these. do you want to replace this yourself?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like to replace it myself if possible. What is the price and what if I replace it and the problem remains?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay, actually there are tests you can do to check that, do you have a voltmeter? And you can replace this yourself I can send you diagrams and explain how to get to it, also I can send you a video on how to test it if you have a voltmeter the video covers basic switch testing, but I am pretty sure because we do a lot of these that you switch is the issue because it stopped right at the drain cycle or in the middle of the cycle, the switches $19.40 at this blue link, the video is also there, if you want to continue I will get you the diagrams on its location and how to get to it, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yeah, I can get voltmeter, and do the measurements,but 19.40+tax+shipping/handling, when will it get to north carolina?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well since it's a weekend it won't really be shipped till Monday and it takes a couple of days to get there, I don't sell them this is just a site you could buy one, the side I gave you, unless you have appliance parts store close by that's still open chances are you going to have to order it online, at any rate the shipping and handling is separate, being it's Saturday I don't know if you find a place open, I'm looking up you diagrams now so you can test it, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay I have the diagram first you have to open the control panel which you flip up, you need to get a thin putty knife and slide it in from the front between the top and the control panel and push the clips marked number 19 on the next diagram back to release them then just flip the whole control back and let it lean back against the wall, the lid switch is part number seven on this diagram, you can release it with the little tab on the switch itself, leave the lid up well you do this so you can get it out in it won't get caught on the Rod from the lid, test it and if it's bad you need to replace it, hope this info is useful, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, i will see if i can get the part from sears or the location you mentioned
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok great, thanks and well wishes, If I have helped please dont forget to press the green accept button, thanks again, Bryan