Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag dryer model MED9700SQ0 just beeps and does not start

Customer Question

My Maytag dryer model MED9700SQ0 just beeps and does not start when i push the on button
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have a voltmeter? I believe the thermal fuse has failed, let me know if you have a voltmeter and can check continuity, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not have a voltmeter
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, I believe the thermal fuse is gone, you can test it by unplugging the dryer and removing the two wires on it put them together and tape it then plug the dryer back in and try it if it starts the thermal fuse is bad, do not run the dryer for more than a few seconds because this is just a test and that is a safety fuse, you need to replace it if it's bad not use the dryer until it's replaced, to get to this you will need to open the access panel under the door, the part is # XXXXX on this diagram.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
which panel needs to come off to access it
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
The one under the door, here is the diagram panel number 40 has to come off,
View Full Image
and the thermal fuse is on the blower assembly between the drum in the top of the blower assembly, it's a little hard to see but you should be on the find okay, thanks, Bryan