Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Good morning. I am using my maytag gas cooktop and fixing

Good morning. I am using my maytag gas cooktop and fixing breakfast. I used the bottom right burner and cooked eggs and bacon. The bottom left burner started "clicking" like I was trying to turn it on and now clicks constantly. How do I turn this off?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

So even when you shut the a the burner off the bottom left burner keeps clicking? With all the burners off? Do you have a full model number for this unit?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi,these are the two numbers i have MGC5430 or MGC5536
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay I found the parts, the most likely issue is going to be the burner switch itself, however this comes with a wiring harness and all four burner switches are connected together and it comes in a kit, since not all four burners are clicking I would assume the switch the the burner that is clicking has failed and is sending a signal to the spark module,you would need to test the switches which requires a voltmeter and knowledge on how to test for continuity, you can order parts for this at the blue link below. hope this helps thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi,i don't have that kind of equipment,i would need to contact a tech to come to my home correct.Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, sometimes moisture can cause problem also, try leaving the range unplugged for the day and plug it back in later, if moisture gets in the switches this can happen also and sometimes once they dry out it will stop, otherwise you would need a technician to come to your home and find the issue for you the good news is the switch assembly only runs around $22.00 and the spark module if that's what it is is around $37.00 so at least you know how much the parts are and you don't get ripped off, believe me just knowing I can save you a lot, there are a lot of unscrupulous companies out there charging a lot of money for parts, I really hope I've helped thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bryan,yes we did turn it off and yes you been very help ful,have a great day.Francis
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, have a great weekend, Bryan