Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kssc42qms01 side by side. Freezer is -5. The circulating

Customer Question

I have a kssc42qms01 side by side. Freezer is -5. The circulating fan will not come on and cool the refrigerator side. The digital numbers are flashing. I have tried turning the power off to reset, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?? Dan
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

this is a relay board issue, it will need to be replaced, you cant reset these. this controls all funtions , fans, controls, defrost, everything. I believe this refrigerators built in is that correct? The board is located in the rear of the refrigerator near the compressor this means refrigerator would have to come out to replace it, part number 11 on this diagram, the part number is

2307028 here is a link to order it if you wish, it's $91.76

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Kitchenaid-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/2307028/0046/106/Model-KSSC 42QMS01/0593/0165000?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=KSSC42QMS01&subCompDesc=Upper%20unit%20parts&brandDesc=KITCHENAID&modelDesc=BUILT-IN-REFRIGERATOR&blt=11 thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want to thank you for your very correct answer. My firdge is working great!!! Saved me at least 300.00 by not calliing APSOCO. Dan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your very welcome.glad to hear you have it running, thanks and well wishes, Bryan