Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kenmore elite side by side fridge. The model number

I have a kenmore elite side by side fridge. The model number is XXXXX The ice maker hums and makes no ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

let me check the model #. i'll be back shortly,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No problem. Thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay is the icemaker itself humming inside the freezer or is it sound like the humming could be coming from the back of the refrigerator on the outside?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is from inside the fidge. It sounds like it is operating normally. Just no ice
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay you don't see the thing is turning either I'll bet correct? Is this actually cycling the fingers going around?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The gears inside the door are turning. I shut the door, push for Ice and I see they have moved when I re open it. But the fingers on top ice maker have not moved in days.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay so the auger is working with the icemaker is not, this is a very common issue on these refrigerators the icemaker itself is failed, we replace a lot of these the icemaker part number is, W10190961 and you will need to replace it, you can order this at this blue link it's part number 100 on the list just scroll down the parts list you see it, thanks, Bryan