Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

We have a vintage Bernina 830 sewing machine circa 1974. I

Customer Question

We have a vintage Bernina 830 sewing machine circa 1974. I want to open the top cover and oil the machine but can't see how to do so. can you help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 6 years ago.

Customer:

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know. Here is a video how to open your 830 sewing machine And this next video shows you how to clean and oil a Bernina sewing machine if you want the 830 user manual give me your email address and i'll send it to you. Type it like this Example:[email protected] , otherwise the computer system here will block it!

Customer:

Are you there?

Customer:

The 2nd video how to oil your Bernina sewing machine was the wrong link. This link is the correct link for cleaning and oiling. Sorry

Expert:  Neilwill replied 6 years ago.
<div class="JA_chatMsgAuthor"Customersays:
7:33 PM

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This answer did not help, I finally figured it out. The top of the machine was hard to pry open and I did not know if indeed it was supposed to pry open but, I did konow that it was supposed to open since it had hinges.
These videos only show what I already knew from the internet.

I'm not at all satisfied with the answer. I know how to search the internet.
Expert:  Neilwill replied 6 years ago.
The video showed how you open the top and the other how to oil the unit. And that's what you aske for.

Have a nice day. peace! God Bless.
if you want the user manual too, send me your e-mail address.
Example:[email protected]
In that format and i'll send you the manual. in a PDF.