Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

I have a Kenmore electric smooth top Range. The oven is locked

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore electric smooth top Range. The oven is locked and the LOC light is on. How can I get this to unlock? Pushing the oven lock button does not unlock it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 3 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Press the "STOP" button on the keypad and hold it down for three seconds.

• 2

Look for "Loc" to appear on the oven display. While the oven door locks itself, you will hear a beep and a "DOOR LOCKED" indicator will flash. Once the oven door is locked, the "DOOR LOCKED" indicator will stop flashing but will remain on, along with "Loc."

• 3

Reactivate normal oven operation by pressing and holding the STOP button on the keypad for three seconds.

• 4

Listen for another beep to sound; as the oven door unlocks itself, "DOOR LOCKED" will again flash in the display. Both "Loc" and "DOOR LOCKED" should disappear from the display, indicating that you can open the oven door and use the oven controls once again.

• Tim Alan :

Press the button on the keypad that looks like a clock with an oval surrounding it. Hold it down for three seconds.

• 2

Listen for two consecutive beeps and look for the Cooktop Locked indicator light to turn on. If you hear three consecutive beeps, make sure all cooktop surface elements are turned off and hold down the same button for another three seconds.

• 3

Reactivate normal cooktop operation by holding down the button that looks like a clock with an oval surrounding it for three seconds, listening for two consecutive beeps and looking for the Cooktop Locked indicator light to turn off.

• Tim Alan :

If neither of those suggestions work either unplug the unit or turn the breaker off for 5 minutes and then return power and try it again.

Tim Alan :

If you need further assistance, just let me know otherwise please press the accept button and leave a comment,. thank you.