Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my dryer wont heat sears knmore model 110.7/6495

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

I have looked up your model or at least what you gave me and it seems to be incomplete, can you open the dryer door recheck the model number on the tag inside the door on the machine? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok model is 110.74982301
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Super got it, this is a gas dryer correct? The first thing we need to do is to open the bottom panel under the door, there are two clips you need to push down with a flat head screwdriver and pull the panel open at the top inlet laydown or you can just remove it off the bottom clips to get out of your way, then you need to start the dryer and tell me if the igniter is glowing when you start it. Here is a diagram of the front panel the clips are number 46 on the diagram, let me know when you get this done, just start the dryer and watch the bottom to see if the igniter starts to glow, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ook got it ipen and no glow anywhere

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay most likely I can't be sure unless we can do some tests your igniter is bad,do you have a voltmeter? Let me know if you can check voltage if you do have a voltmeter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i dont have a voltmeter

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay this makes it a little tougher for me to be absolutely sure, there are two things that could be causing this that are about 90% of the time the problem, one is the igniter, the other is the flame sensor,there are two ways you may be able to do this without a volt meter, but a voltmeter is what you really should have to get this right, you don't want to just start replacing parts this can be costly, I would go to RadioShack or Lowe's and buy a cheap meter, you can get one for around $15.00 you don't need an expensive one to do these tests, let me know if you can get one if not the only other way to do these is to remove them and take them to appliance parts store and have them check them, let me know what you want to do, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to take them with me to work and try to find an appliance store on the way . how much to replace both parts? I could also buy a voltmeter. would you be available later today after I get off work? to finsih (hopefully) I would pay you now and then too.

Thanks Therese

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Well I would get a meter they always come in handy anyway and this way you will know which part is bad, the igniter is around $32.00 and the flame sensor is around $30.00 so you really one on the which one is bad instead of spending $62.00 and buy them both, besides that it very well could be another issue but these are the two most common on these, I will be here later today I'll be working all day probably till around 8 PM Eastern standard Time, so we can continue any time you wish, however I do step out for breaks and sometimes that can be an hour so, so don't get nervous if I don't answer you immediately, I always check my questions when I get back, thanks and talk again later, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok is there a type of voltmeter to ask for?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Just tell them you need a cheap voltmeter that will test voltage and continuity, you don't need it will fancy one these are fairly easy tests and any meter will work for these tests,