Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a GE Washer Model WJRE5500G1WW, 3 years old. Frequently

I have a GE Washer Model WJRE5500G1WW, 3 years old. Frequently it starts to fill and then stops and all lights (less soak) come on. I press the start button again and it does the same. I do this four or fives times, sometimes more, until it fills then it runs through its cycle. I have tried holding down the start button for 3 seconds and longer and the same thing happens. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Have you checked you cold water supply line to make sure it pumping the water in?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have the cold water valve fully open and see the water running. It appears that it is running satisfactorily.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My last replay was: "I have the cold water valve fully open and see the water running. It appears that it is running satisfactorily." Do you send something after that? John
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The water runs into the tub for one or two seconds before stopping. Then the flow four lights come on and the washer stops.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The washer just finished a complete cycle satisfactorily. I just started it up on a second wash cycle and it is operating normally. This is not a new problem. We have had this problme quite a number of times. I'd call it an intermittent problem.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
You have a bad central processing unit (CPU) that will need to be replaced with part number WH12X10404, You can order the parts you need from the following places,,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory