S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

Maytag front load washer wont go into spin. I did check to

Customer Question

Maytag front load washer won't go into spin. I did check to see if there was anything in the drain pump and was clean. I was told it could be the motor control board.
Am I right?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 3 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. Yes , this is the most likely problem. If you remove the rear cover of the control board there is a tech sheet found inside that will tell you how to test the motor board.

S.E.Thomas :

these were big problem on these machines and depending on the series of the washer there was a revised motor and board to replace these. please get me the serial number and i will see what motor and board you have.

Customer:

52323768YD

S.E.Thomas :

this is the one that they have made the replacement for. this is almost 99% your problem. the new motor and board can not be purchased separately. They are sold as a kit. the part number and price found below can be found at www.appliancepartspros.com

S.E.Thomas :

Your door lock light is coming on correct?

S.E.Thomas :

are you still there?

S.E.Thomas :

You need to be sure that the door lock light is coming on

Customer:

The light on.

S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was looking at the power light. No the door lock light is not coming on. What next?
remove the 3 screws found along the top of the control panel and fold the control panel forward. It will unclip from the top and lay down. you will now see the machine control board on the rear control panel cover. looking at the board you will see a black relay near the bottom in the center. you need to look VERY close at the resistor right to the top side of the black relay box. the relay is about 3/4 of an inch wide and about a 1/4 inch thick. The resistor right above it is most likely burnt. Please check it and let me know what you find.
did you find a burnt resistor?