Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi Bryan I ordered the new fan motor you showed me and when

Hi Bryan: I ordered the new fan motor you showed me and when an electrician came here to do something else, I had him put on the fan. As you might recall, the Samsung refrigerator part worked OK but the back of the freezer was iced up. The electrician said fan was working OK but after a couple of days, I checked and the ice was still there and it was still not working properly. You could store ice for a while but eventually melt. Should I have let it defrost before I turned it back on so that the ice would melt. Could it be the thermostat as well. What do you think? JoAnn

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

I'm sorry I have been out of town , it should have been defrosted before turning this back on, but you probably still do have a defrost problem if it ice up again, I havent read the older posts so I need to go over them to see what we talked about before, as you probably know I answer hundreds of questions a month so I need to refresh my memory on this, I will do this in the morning go back over the old question and try to get an answer to you after lunch, there is a defrost thermostat that this may need but I need to go back over the old question and review it, if that's okay with you just let me know, I've been up since 4:30am this morning and need to get some rest, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That's fine, Bryan. Just get back with me tomorrow after you have had some rest and reviewed my first problem. Remember, after I put on the fan motor, I never let it defrost and it was solid ice. Talk to you tomorrow. JoAnn

Hi, JoAnn. I was looking at our last posts and it seems you may just have to defrost this at this point, I would take the back panel off inside the freezer aad take a hair dryer to it and completely defrost it, then put it back together, after that it will take around 24 hours, (usually less though ) to stabilize, if the problem comes back you will need the defrost thermostat. I think it will be fine though, the frost needs to se gone to work right, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan: Could you give me an idea of what the defrost thermostat looks like and where to buy it on the internet.
this is the defrost thermostat. you can order this @ for $8.80. its clippid to the coils behind he back panel where the fan is. thanks and after you click the accept button you still have 30 days to come back if you have more questions, thanks Bryan