william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

I have a Maytag HAV2360AWW top load washer. During the spin

Customer Question

I have a Maytag HAV2360AWW top load washer. During the spin cycle it does not turn fast enough to dry the clothes. The washer also acts as if it is out of balance if there are any clothes in at all... if it's empty it in balance. I checked the drive belt and it seems to be fine... no noises like it's the pump.....thinking of changing the drive belt for good measure and wax ring.... I don't think it could be the transmission in the spin cycle.... should just spin freely..... pump sons freely and moves water
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

This also could be the motor. You have a 2 speed motor it spins one way for agitation and spins in the other direction for the spin cycle.

Press the accept button this is how im paid for either suggesting or helping you today. Thank-you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I changed the motor, snubber ring, and belt for good measure. The tub still turns slowly... I can put my hand against the wall of the tub and it will stop with no effort... The agitator agitates during the spin cycle as if it was washing..... I assume at this point it is the transmission... The transmission in a HAV2360AWW Maytag appears to be a sealed unit and I need to replace the whole unit would that be correct?

Thank You!