william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

I was BAKING in my Jenn Air downdraft range last night. My

I was BAKING in my Jenn Air downdraft range last night. My bread seemd to get a little brown on top. I didn't think much about it except after I took the bread out and turned the oven off and sat down at the table the oven started beeping and flashing "F2". I couldn't turn the oven off because it wasn't on. I looked and the broiling element was on. I flipped the breaker to get the broiler to turn off, but every time i have tried to turn the breaker back on, the broiler comes on and you can't turn it off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
Are you still getting the fault code?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I haven't left it on long enough to see if it sends the F2 again. As soon as I turn the breaker back on, the broiler comes on and i can't turn it off except for flipping the breaker. Do you want me to try and leave it on and see what happens?
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
F2 Oven temp sensed; over 600F sensed by control in time of day mode, bake mode, or over 900F sensed in clean mode. Ohm test the oven temperature sensor, if OK, change power relay board

You will need to test the oven sensor if that tests ok then you will need a new control relay board.Sounds like the broil relay is welded closed therefore being on all the time.

Press the accept button this is how im paid for either suggesting or helping you today. Thank-you.