william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

i have a whirlpool quiet partner II ..will wash for a few minutes

i have a whirlpool quiet partner II ..will wash for a few minutes and then the normal light starts rapidly flashing and will not allow me to do anything else..control panel and key pad as already been replaced as well as the thermal fuse..what else could be causing this problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Does this happen in all the cycles?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
only goes thru one cycle and then stops and normal light flashes rapidly..have had this problem before and whirlpool replaced the control panel while it was under waranty..now it is doing it again and dont know why since the panel is not but 2 yrs old
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Where these warrenty parts that were installed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes at the time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
also now it has locked us out and will not do anything but drain and flash on the normal cycle button..tried unplugging it and tried to run a dio..but it want let us do it
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
It wont take your commands?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no it want let us do anything but drain and then normal light starts flashing rapidly again
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Try this and tell me what happens.

hold the "No Heat Dry" button for 4 seconds or more.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
do you mean the heated dry button
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
dont have a No heat dry button on mine but held the heated dry button and nothing changed or happened..normal light still flashing rapidly.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Ok then this means that you have a stuck button on the keypad which in this case is the normal. Did they give you a warrenty on the parts at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no they didnt and it was working when it happened so how did it get stuck
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Thats to bad. Also i want you to know that when they use warrenty parts the parts are not bran-new they are repaired for whatever reason and then sent back out. You will have to get a bran-new one im sorry to say.

What you could try is to take a look at the ribbon cable and clean the ends on it then re-install it and see what happens. Give it a shot.

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate