Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My microwave heating element works intermittently. Model #

My microwave heating element works intermittently. Model # XXXXX serial no. 116344.
It is a drawer that opens with the touch of a button. it is approx. 6 years old. Debating whether to repair -- the appliance repair ppl suggested in Dallas said they do not repair drawer Sharp microwaves. Suggestion?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the issue is intermettently, then your element is still good because they will either work, or not work---there is no in between. That being said, it sounds like you have a faulty control board or a thermostat. These drawer microwaves are expensive units, so reguardless of what is wrong, the unit should be worth repairing if it's still in good condition.

As for a company that you can call to repair the microwave, you can go to the link below and enter in your model and zip code to see who is authorized by Sharp to service your microwave.