Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a roper red4440vq dryer As I was drying a load of

Customer Question

I have a roper red4440vq dryer
As I was drying a load of laundry it kicked off and won't come back on
i do have continuity across the fuse and door switch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the light inside the dryer still come on when you open the door? If not, check the continuity of the light bulb and make sure it's still good. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no light in it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
What does the fuse look like that you tested exactly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its long white 1 screw holding it on .. on the vent
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
ok so that is definitely the fuse. If you're getting no signs of life at all and the fuse, the door switch is good, that leaves only the timer and the push to start switch. Check continuity on the push to start switch when you're pushing in the button and if it checks good, you'll want to order and replace the timer. Below is a link to the timer you'd want to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
did that its good. i have also check voltage on all conectors on the timer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
there isn't anything else, either you're not testing something correclty or the timer is actually faulty.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
well I unpluged the fuse put my Fluke on continuity and touch each side of the blades
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 3 years ago.
Have you tested the voltage to the unit where the line cord attaches to the dryer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes and checked it all the way to the motor too
And What voltage did you have at the motor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
120 on each side
What do you mean each side it only should have 120 to ground ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok on the connector that hooks up to the motor I have 2 red (looks like #12) wire one on each side or the connector both have 120 volts into it

To check voltage to the dryer drive motor check blue to white.