Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a customer with a GE side by side refrigerator Model

I have a customer with a GE side by side refrigerator Model #GSH25KGMO WW The unit is not frezeing on the frezzer side and is freezing on the refrigerator side, also you cannot get water out of the front anymore, I have change the filter but still nothing. I have also clean the coils in the back,check the fan and defrosted the coils inside but still no water and no freezing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

ok so there is a common problem associated with this problem on your model. In the upper back left corner of your refrigerator is a damper assembly. This assembly has the refrigerator thermistor (thermostat) and a flap that shuts off the cold air from the freezer going into the refrigerator. The hinges on this flap commonly break and then the flap gets stuck open and can't stop the air from flowing into your refrigerator. You'll want to replace this damper assembly to fix your problems. Below is a link to the part you'll want to order.

As for the water not working on the dispenser--that happens because the water reservoir will freeze inside the refrigerator behind the back two crispers at the bottom. You can remove the crispers and thaw the reservoir out with a hair dryer if you'd like, or once you fix the problem and replace the damper assembly, the reservoir will thaw out on it's own in a day or two.