repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.

Purchased a microwave oven for girl friend for valentines day.

Purchased a microwave oven for girl friend for valentines day. She has complained vigorously that it is very loud and sounds like the fan sounds like it is coming off. I do not think this is normal. I have an over the range microwave and it is much quieter. Please help as i am very tired of her complaining. We are both over 75.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Good Morning and thanks for using just answer. From your comments, I am assuming you purchased this brand new? GE in the last few years, Has changed the blower to a larger cage. It therefore is pumping a lot more air, and you get a lot more sound level. If this unit would be vented upward or backward thru the wall, sounds might be a little less noisey. Sorry, but its the nature of the beast. Hope this helps and have a good day. Smile