Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

My whirlpool front load washer has something stuck in the lip

My whirlpool front load washer has something stuck in the lip of the drum and won't rotate properly. I can't figure out how to get to the object (coin, screw, not sure).
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your washer sounds like more than something stuck ..but could very well be...You will need to separate the drum halves..Which involves removing the drum..If there is something rattling around inside..Remove the drain hose from the bottom of the drum...Then see if you can get whatever is in there to come out through the drain hose opening..
graphic
You can also remove the back panel...Then remove the heating element #13..See if there is anything caught up in the bottom.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This seems to be something stuck in the lip, I don't think it will come out.
More than likely it is part of the outer drum...You can try to remove it by removing the front door seal #2 from the front panel remove spring tension band #7..Then push the door seal inside..Remove the clamp #1 that holds the seal onto the drum..You might be able to access or at least see what is causing the problem from this point.

graphic
These are really your only two options..Also once you use the accept option today..Please stop by and leave some feedback for my time helping you on your question..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I didn't really think that the advice that you gave me was detailed enough or necessary. I decided to get someone to look at it and got the screw out without taking anything apart. Therefore, I don't really feel like I should have to pay you the $35. Thank you for your time though.
Thank you for your time...? How did you get the screw out..?
You were given two sets of diagrams with directions..There is no way you could or anyone have removed the screw without removing a hose at least like i explained..Be fair about accepting..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I assure you the service technician was able to rotate the drum and got the screw out. I am not trying to get out of paying you sir. Unfortunately, I had to pay $100 for him to do it. I can give you a copy of my bill if that would convince you. I messed with it for a long time and was unable to but he somehow was able to.
No Problem..But the service tech coming to your house honestly has nothing to do with you asking your question..We cannot be responsible for how you go about doing the repair ..All i asked is if you honestly and fairly use in accepting..Thanks Again Bob