repairman4734
repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.
15371985

How to replace a lid switch Assembly for washer

Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Good Morning and thanks for using just answer. UNPLUG MACHINE. Pull machine away from the wall. Go around back and on either end of console, you will see screws going down into top. Remove. Push console forward and lay back. Go around front. On the left and the right you will see a gold curved bracket. One on the right and one on the left. To release, you will need a flat-bladed screwdriver. If you look down into the hole in the top you will see a curved portion of bracket. Insert your screwdriver here, push down, and back.to release. Same for other side. Lid switch coupling on top of center needs to be unplugged. Grab case and tip toward you, and not lifting up, lay case over on face. You now can get to lid switch. It is part number;(NNN) NNN-NNNN$43.83 at Sears. Hope this helps and have a good day.