Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishes are not squeaky clean. They have a film on them.

My dishes are not squeaky clean. They have a film on them. Is it the detergent I am using? Washing by hand takes more water than the dishwasher--and more time. R. Hampton
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is becoming one of the biggest issues in the appliance industry recently. I've got two links I want you to go to and read about. It has to do with the government regulating detergents and forcing them to remove phosphates. The first link is a website talking about the issue and how to get better results, and the other one is a local news company that aired a scene on the same issue.

http://www.appliancerepairlesson.com/2011/02/24/dishwasher-is-no-longer-cleaning-film-and-debris-are-left-on-dishes/

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO