Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a maytag washer Model MLE2000Ayw s/n(NNN) NNN-NNNNr. The

Customer Question

I have a maytag washer Model MLE2000Ayw s/n(NNN) NNN-NNNNr. The washer would agitate when on the spin cycle, then sometimes the door would lock, and others it wouldn't. The pump kicks on and the tub agitates when on spin. As per yur instructions I have replaced the timer, now it acts like it tries to spin the pump comes on and I think it is spinning, but the door lock will not release, even if its in the off position. now what?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

What was the part number of the timer you purchased?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
part number 22002452 is the timer part number
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
This problem is going to be a bad wax motor on the door latch and the spin enable switch causing the problem...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory