Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.

Hello, My Name isXXXXX am a SO-Cal Contractor and I am working

Customer Question

Hello, My Name isXXXXX am a SO-Cal Contractor and I am working on a project where the thermador hood is circa 1978-79 it is a twin fan model. I have not been able to locate a model number or any other ID marks other than a thermador logo. My question is this, - The Homeowner would like to keep the stainless hood itself and replace the guts if you will, is there any way to do this without installing a new hood? Thanks for the help...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.
What I would do here Eric is just locate new fan motors and replace them. The motors are the only thing that will need replacing. The bearings are probably just about shot by this point. Give me the name plate data, Frame number, volts, amps, HP, RPM, and Rotation (CW, CCW) and I can source them for you. Then just pop the fans off the motors and on to the new motors. The new motors will have the same mounting so they will go right in.