Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch 500 series front load washer. It will do good

I have a Bosch 500 series front load washer. It will do good about half way through a cycle. It spins, fills with water and then just sits there and the time finishes its countdown and then the washer is done. The door wont unlock and it is full of clothes and water. Do you have any ideas on what is wrong? How do I fix it?
Thanks, XXXXX
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like your drain catch is either clogged or the drain pump has gone bad. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to manually unlock the door and check the drain catch for any debris stopping the washer from draining. If the unit still doesn't drain after cleaning out the catch, you'll need to replace the drain pump, and the model number you'll need to get the correct drain pump is located on a sticker just inside the door when you manually unlock it.

Click Below for Video

http://www.appliancerepairlesson.com/2011/01/21/washer-not-draining-repair-bosch-maual-door-release/