John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

MY DISHWASHER WILL NOT FILL WITH WATER. I CHECKED THE OVERFLOW

MY DISHWASHER WILL NOT FILL WITH WATER. I CHECKED THE OVERFLOW VALVE AND IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE STUCK, THE HOSE IS NOT KINKED AND THE INTAKE VALVE IS ON. WHAT NEXT?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Hi I'm john I will help you with the problem.

You said the intake valve is on can you hear a hum from the water valve but no water.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't hear anything. When you turn on the dishwasher it's quiet until the wash cycle starts, but there is no water in it. We disconnected the hose to the dishwasher and water comes out, but when you connect it to the dishwasher it won't fill. The manual said to check the overflow valve, which I did and it moves freely. That's the only option the manual had.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The problem could be the water valve if the float switch is ok .

To be sure unplug the washer and check the water valve with a meter to see if its open if you don't have a meter take the water valve to your appliance parts store and have it tested if it test bad replace the water valve.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm a housewife, so I need a little more detail. If you're talking about the valve that's on the intake pipe, I know that's ok. If you're about one on the machine, where do I find it?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

the water valve is located behind the front bottom panel remove the panel the valve is on the right.

This is the water valve if the solenoid is burnt out you wont get water to enter the unit.