Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Have side by side whirlpool frig that the freezer is acting

Have side by side whirlpool frig that the freezer is acting strange. The temp indicator flashes and jumps from a negative (-3degrees) to a positive number (+38 degrees). There is also a red indicator light on that appears to be a man with a top hat on. Why is the temp moving up and down and flashing on and off and what is the red indicator light that looks like a man with a top hat on? The manual does not share info.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Is the temperature display on the water and ice dispenser, or is it located inside the fridge compartment on this unit?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Chas,

Sorry, but I did not see a question.

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Located on the outside of the frig on the water and ice dispenser. Actually above it.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
You will need to replace the low voltage board behind the dispenser with part number 12620801, You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Chas,

Do you have a step step listing of how to remove and replace board?

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
If you remove the drip tray you should see 2 screws, remove them and the front facade should lift right off on this model giving you access to the board behind it..