repairman4734
repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.
15371985

I have a spacemaker xl 1800 that keeps beeping. It displays

I have a spacemaker xl 1800 that keeps beeping. It displays F3. I don't know where the plug is so i turned the circuit breaker off but i can't get the beeping to stop. I tried pressing the Clear/Off button for a few seconds but that didn't work.

What does F3 means? What should i do to fix the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Good Morning and thanks for using just answer. May I have your model number please. It is inside the door on the left hand wall..Thank You.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

xl1800

I'm sorry, but to get the right information, the model number inside starts with a JVM___________number, please, thanks
Morning, did some general looking at ge microwaves. F3 is a shorted keypad. The part runs approximately $82.00. To get to it, remove the grill. UNPLUG MACHINE. At the top of the control panel is a screw. Remove. Lift control panel up and pull back. This lets you into where the key pad is located. To get the correct part, again you will need the model number inside and on the wall. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

what do you mean grill? did you mean the stove?

also i cannot find the model number that you are looking for

Hi; Is this a microwave over the stove or a free standing range. Both are the XL series. If this is a free standing range, the model number is XXXXX the storeage drawer on the frame. Sorry, for the confusion. Will await your reply. Still need the model number if it is a free standing range. Thank You,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it's a microwave over the stove. it has a built-in exhaust fan.
Thank you for clarifying. Looking at my previous email to you, looking at the microwave, there is a slotted piece above the door. It is removed by removing 3 screws on top, then screw holding control pad. I gave you a general price for a shorted key pad. You still will need the full model number. Usually the model number sticker is on the inside of the cooking cavity on the left wall or possibly around the front of the frame when you open the door. To get the right part you have to have the model number.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

oh okay so that's where the contol pad is. so where can i unplug the machine so it will stop beeping. the beeping drives me crazay

The power to the microwave is plugged in in the cabinet just above microwave. If you unplug machine, you will not be able to use it until you plug it back in.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was able to find the plug. Thank you for the info.

Is replacing the parts easy and is that something that can be done by non-technicXXXXX XXXXXke me?

Hi; I do not know your situation, but yes, you probably can do it. Go with my earlier email telling you how to take it apart..UNPLUG THE MACHINE. You can look in your phone book under appliance/microwave repair or a factory authorized ge servicecenter to get your touch panel. They will ask for the complete model number so__. Depending on your model number, the part will be give or take around $82.00. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a good day. Smile