John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I think my washing machine is running fine for the most part,

I think my washing machine is running fine for the most part, but I don't have any hot water coming into my machine. I have checked the hoses on the back, and they are ok, could it be some kind of pump problem? Help? I have a basic King size / super capacity washer that I bought at Sears... and I need to fix this without calling a service man, he costs almost 60 dollars just to come out...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like the inlet water valve may be malfunctioning. Will you please send me the model number, so I can get parts information for you? It's printed on an i.d. sticker on or near the door, or on the control enclosure.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hey John,

There doesn't seem to be any kind of model number on the machine, checked front, back, and under lid, took almost an hour to fish out the folded piece of paper the last service man, shoved into the back of the washing machine. It took another hour to tape it back together.... It has a number running along the side and back of that paper....

175D2750G310. shows schematics of control circuit board, wwater temp sensor and other stuff.

Any advice..?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hey John,

Just spent an hour on the phone with Sears, seems that I had purchased a GE washer, and they knew the model and serial number... cool huh?

Model # XXXXX 5500GOWW

Let me know what else you need....

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
The last number/letter combination is the model number. The part number for the water valve is(NNN) NNN-NNNN and the price is $40.50. You can purchase it at