John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

NEC NFL-1065 Front-Loading Washing Machine I had just completed

Customer Question

NEC NFL-1065 Front-Loading Washing Machine: I had just completed a wash and put another load in. I applied the same setting (Quick Wash or Fast Wash?) and after 10secs it just beeps at me and displays an 'LE' error. I checked the manual which suggested this error relates to the door not being closed properly. I tried opening / closing, slamming, gently closing, etc... still no joy. I turned the power off for a few minutes, then back on again, nothing. I tried tilting or rocking to re-settle it, nothing. I tried just performing the 'Drain' function, same error! Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Is there alot of suds in this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your follow-up question William. There are no suds at all because the machine doesn't begin it's first cycle at all. Within 10secs of closing the door and pressing the 'Go' button, it sits and thinks, then throws the 'LE' error message. Nothing happens at all in terms of water flowing or any signs of it getting ready. No interaction from the motor either. Hope this helps? Feel free to ask more questions if you require. Cheers, Sean.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
LOL if i ask you a bunch of questions are you gonna get all pissed of at me like other people do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not at all! I'm just after a successful resolution, so if I can help more, I'll try. The only issue is I'm in Australia and my work day is about to begin, so the promptness of my responses may vary. But, ask away!
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

If your not in a hurry with this we can try for the weekend that way there we both can be there sort to speak of.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If you have any suggestions that I could try tonight, that would be really handy. Otherwise, if you feel it more beneficial to wait until the weekend, I will wait.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
I think it would be better if we can wait for the weekend if your all for that all because it might take awhile Hope not. Do me a favor though dont be slamming it around to much lol
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Fair enough. Last night I drained the excess water from a little retractable hose thing at the bottom of the machine and opened the collection thing which captures lose items during a wash (it was empty and clean anyway). I also cleaned out the detergent draw, but none of that has helped. Ithe 'Door Lock' light, which usually comes on when the door is closed and a wash is about to commence doesn't come on anymore. It would seem evident that something is preventing the door from sealing properly, but it doesn't look or feel any different to when it was working. Oh well, look forward to your expert assistance over the weekend.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
You know what since you said that about the door lock light this could be your problem this has to be lcoked before this does any operations. I would think now that is your door assembly Customer. Great screen name by the way! I was gonna have you clean the drain pump filter and all that but you allready did that good job.Now there might be a way that you can test this just to make sure that this is your problem i will explain that to you this weekend but i have to tell you i live in mich and last week we had that bad ice storm and it knock the power off here for 3 days anyways when the power came back on it screwed up my computer and some of my programs which has diagrams for washing machines had gotten corrupt so i will be going at this blind sort to speak up but im comfident that between you and me that we can find out what the problem is and again it sounds like the door lock assembly. See ya in a few days. Dont work to hard now.Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cheers William!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, my weekend has now officially started so I look forward to your advice.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
How does this afternoon sound i have therapy this morning give me a time. I live in mich so as of right now its 8;24
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So judging by that time, there's a 16hr time difference. It's now just become Sat morning here, 12:45am. I would assume I should be conscious again in about 9hrs from now, which would make it almost 6:00pm your time. Is that too late for you on on Fri night? Do you know roughly how long it will take?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Thats fine tell you what though if you can get to the door latch assembly we could then test that. Since this is a frontload the top should come off and you should be able to see that latch assembly there should be a couple of wires going to the switch.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I hope you're not giving me more credit than I deserve here Wiliam! Im not a handy man by any means! But, I've managed to take the top off the machine and the whole inside is exposed. Can't see too much in relation to the door locking thing, it's mainly hidden behind the big drum thing in the middle. Next move?