Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

LG LD14aw2 dishwasher,keep getting OE alarm,have checked

Customer Question

LG LD14aw2 dishwasher,keep getting "OE" alarm,have checked discharge hose etc,pored 1.5 ltrs of water into sump and it pumps out 1.5 but still alarms on "OE"
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

As you might have known, OE means the dishwasher isn't draining properly. If it's a new installation, make sure the plug is knocked out of the garbage disposal (assuming the drain hose is connected to the disposal). If that's not the case and drain hose is definitely clear, you'll want to remove the drain pump from under the dishwasher and check to see if anything is jamming the drain pump impeller. If everything checks good, you'll want to order and replace the drain pump itself to fix the issue.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
is there anything else I can help you with?