Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Maytag over the stove microwave/venthood #mmv5165aab.

I have a Maytag over the stove microwave/venthood #mmv5165aab. This was in place when i recently moved into my house. Now it is venting into the house rather than to the outside and it does not work well. I am going to change the venting to the outside. Do you have some instructions on how to correctly make that change? Also, is there a kit to make the change and does that kit include a damper of some kind? Do i need a damper?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using You will need to order the damper & adapter, numbers 10 and 11 in the picture. Part numbers are 53001387 and 815092, available from The instructions are below and everything else you will need will need to be fabricated with supplies from your hardware store. Be sure to keep the bends to a minimum and the piping as short as possible.

Installation Instructions

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I could not get the download. Please send again.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.
It is a link to the manual for installation...I just tested the link and it works fine. Do you have a popup blocker on perhaps? Hold the CTRL key when you click on it.