Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

I HAVE A CABRIO WASHER THAT I REPLACED THE OUTTER TUB ON DUE

Customer Question

I HAVE A CABRIO WASHER THAT I REPLACED THE OUTTER TUB ON DUE TO BEARING FAILURE. NOW DURING AGITATE CYCLE THERE IS A SCRAPPING NOISE FROM THE ROTOR AREA AND THE AGITATOR SEEMS TO MOVE FREELY.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.

Hello.

This has happened to me before. Just take the rotor and stator assy on the bottom of the tub loose and install them again. It is an issue with the stator not seating correctly. You will need to do it before you have to replace the stator due to damage.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I HAVE TAKEN BACK APART AND MADE SURE THAT EVERYTHING IS SETTING PROPERLY 3TIMES . BUT I STILL HAVE SCRAPEING NOISE ONLY DURING AGITATION CYCLE AND ONLY WITH A LOAD IN WASHER. IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY NOISE DURING SPIN CYCLE.

Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.

Wow. I haven't had that one yet. Have you pulled the agitator to see if something may be under it?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I HAVE LOCATED THE PROBLEM. OF COURSE IT IS SIMPLE. I ALSO REPLACED THE DRIP PAN BECAUSE THE OTER ONE WAS BAD AND WITH WEIGHT IN THE TUB & MOVING DUING AGITATION CYCLE THE ROTOR WOULD MAKE CONTACT WITH THE NEW PAN WHICH HAS A SLIGHT BIT MORE RISE THAN THE OLD ONE.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.

I am glad to hear that. I will note that in my library of problems for the future. I hope you have a great night.