Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

My GE Profile electric range is showing the letters FO on the

My GE Profile electric range is showing the letters FO on the front. I cannot clear it...nor get anything to work. What does that mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your range...

An F0 fault code can indicate A few different things; A defective electronic control, a faulty in the control's keypad or the control board itself

If the range is not overheating when the error occurs, that should leave just the electronic control and the keypad as the most likely possibilities.

A simple test can be done with the keypad and the control board..It would entail disconnecting the keypad from the control board...Turn power back on...If the error code shows up..Then your control board(computer is faulty...If once you plug the keypad back in and the error shows up then the keypad will be at fault.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do you disconnect the keypad from the contrtol board? Are you saying to turn power off to the range to see if it corrects or am I supposed to be doing something else?
Turn the power off...The keypad connects to the computer via a computer ribbon...Disconnect the ribbon from the computer...Turn power back on...If the error shows up then your computer is faulty..If it does not show up.....Plug the ribbon back in...If the error shows up then your keypad is faulty...Now there have been times (many)...Where the keypad and the computer needed replacing..Which at that point you have to ask yourself if the cost of parts is worth fixing.