Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a side by side refrigerator, my problem is the water

I have a side by side refrigerator, my problem is the water tube for the outside dispenser is leeking out at the water to glass it acts as the tube is not down far enough to let the water flow correctly. How can I get the tube pulled back down? Does this come apart to get to tube? Other than that I can't ge to it to narrow of a opening to get to it!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. I suspect this is a Frigidaire refrigerator? Please post the model number and I can give you instructions on retrieving that water tube.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model #

FRS6R5ESBC

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Remove top freezer hinge cover and unplug the dispenser connector. Remove the water drip tray (number 23) to expose screws that hold the front panel (number 4) on. Remove the screws and pull up gently on the front panel (number 4), unplug the connector and set it aside. You will likely be able to reach the tube from there but can remove the bracket (number 8) if you need to. Be sure to pay attention to how it comes apart. If you need a little wiggle room on the tube, you can disconnect it at the freezer door bottom and push it up to give you a little extra to work with.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What is the top freezer hinge cover? And could you please send this to my email I'm on my lap top and can't print this and the diagram so I can look at as I work. With all that I feel I can do it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Number 40 is the hinge cover. It hides the connector for the dispenser. Sorry, we are not allowed to do anything off site...everything has to go through this forum. However, once you accept, this thread will remain open for access from any computer for several weeks.