Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Range Hood ( model uxt5430adw) purchased & installed

I have a Range Hood ( model uxt5430adw) purchased & installed 10-1-2005.
One of the light bulbs burned out today (for the first time) and I bought replacement bulbs, same exact model number & wattage (exactly the model specified in the user guide). The new bulbs are 1/8 th of an inch longer than the bulbs I removed from the hood. I went to 2 stores and bought bulbs (3 different brands) with the same result. So I put the new bulbs in (they do fit and go into the sockett and turn on) except that they hang down below the surface of the hood about 1/8th inch and do wiggle some, therefore they look like they aren't right.
SO what now????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using You will need to order the exact replacement bulbs to get the proper fit. Universal bulbs do not work with these hoods. They are part number 49001219, available from for $17.95 + shipping

Lighting Component - Part #1068584

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the answer even though it is not one that I really like (not your fault but Mayytags) since I did what the user manuel said to do "replacement bulbe available at lighting or home stores". Please forward my concern to Maytag

Good night

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.
Yeah, it is a little disheartening, especially when you see the price difference! Whirlpool has a 5 watt oven bulb that sells for nearly $40...2 in the oven! It sucks...I agree!