John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Our dishwasher has stopped pumping out and will not reset the

Customer Question

Our dishwasher has stopped pumping out and will not reset the cycle when the start/reset button is depressed
the model # XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem.

can you check the model number against the one the sticker around the door? the model number you supplied is not coming up on my system.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've seen this problem on other appliances, I find the number plate and can clearly read the number and cannot find it in the data base.

On the plate it reads GDWT200R10WW. Try dropping the 10 and use the GDWT200RWW. I did find a GE installation manual with that model number

I've watched the GE videos and read the manual and the Start/reset button should interrupt the cycle, blink the led and pump out the water.

All I get is water begins to flow back into the machine and the cycle restarts.

When I disconnected power to the machine and reconnected it pump did com on but I had siphoned the water out already so there was very little left to pump out. I have completely dismantled and reassembled the interior looking for clogs in the drain. It is not connected to a garbage disposal, nor a counter mounted air gap fitting but to JohnstonTee vent properly vented to the exterior of the kitchen wall.